Jump in to the world of mobile games
This workshop will get participants up and running with Unity, specifically its suite of 2D mobile features. As participants work through the activities, they will build a 2D mobile game from the ground up, learning skills like sprites, animation, game mechanics, analytics, monetization, and publishing. The project in this workshop is a side-scrolling, endless-runner game that will run on touch input. By the end of the workshop, participants will have used the 2D toolset to build characters, scenes, animations, and game mechanics for mobile deployment of their game.
In this Workshop, you will
- Distinguish features that enable mobile deployment versus other platforms
- Navigate in the Unity Editor to create a simple mobile game
- Use the Unity 2D toolset to set up characters and scenes
- Create in-editor animations to generate animations for scene elements and the character
- Build 2D game mechanics that enable mobile gameplay
- Plan for using services to improve long term game play and build mobile monetization and business strategies
- Prepare for mobile deployment
8:30 Welcome coffee
12:30 Sandwich Lunch
13:00 Start Part 2
What To bring
Laptop able to run Unity 2018
All self-employed entrepreneur's and KMO's from Flandres can use the KMO-portefeuille to receive up to 40% of financial support. Mediarte is recognised by the Flemish government with authorisation number DV.O105665. Click here for more information about the KMO portefeuille.
Each Flemish employer/entrepeneur/interim who works in PC 227 or is linked to an audiovisual NACE activity (59112, 59113, 59114, 59120, 59130, 59201, 59202, 60100, 60200) , can make use of the mediacademie grants of up to 40%. Click here for more information about our grants.