Get started with real-time 3D
This workshop features a small scale kitchen configurator in the general style of what can be found on home improvement websites such as Lowes, Ikea, and Home Depot. Participants in this workshop will focus on how to create high quality 3D interactions in Unity in an efficient and optimized way while building this simple, yet sophisticated configurator.
Although this workshop focuses on a project aligned with Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC), the skills built will apply to anyone who is looking to understand how to create robust interactive applications in Unity.
In this Workshop, you will
- Learn how to navigate in the Unity Editor
- Configure a Unity Project for 3D development
- Create and configure physically based materials
- Use imported assets to build modular scenes
- Create scene component Prefabs for reuse throughout the Project
- Configure lights and settings to achieve realistic effects
- Use the Post Processing Stack to enhance visual fidelity
- Develop interactive mechanics
- Integrate scripts to create a controller with keyboard and touch input
- Utilize Cinemachine to create a free moving scene camera
- Build a UI to display Prefab data and receive input
- Integrate scripts with Prefabbed assets to create customizable components
- Publish 3D applications for various platforms
- 8:30 Welcome coffee
- 9:00 Start
- 12:30 Sandwich Lunch
- 13:00 Start Part 2
- 18:30 End
No prior experience required
What To bring
Laptop able to run Unity 2018
All self-employed entrepreneur's and KMO's from Flandres can use the KMO-portefeuille to receive up to 40% of financial support. Mediarte is recognised by the Flemish government with authorisation number DV.O105665. Click here for more information about the KMO portefeuille.
Each Flemish employer/entrepeneur/interim who works in PC 227 or is linked to an audiovisual NACE activity (59112, 59113, 59114, 59120, 59130, 59201, 59202, 60100, 60200) , can make use of the mediacademie grants of up to 40%. Click here for more information about our grants.